Friday 4 April 2008

Study Break

Yesterday saw my first trad trip to a low land outcrops crag, more specifically Fourth Quarry at Cambusbarron. On this trip I was accompanied by Jamie and two course mates from uni, Barnes and Graeme. The aim of this trip was to relieve stress and boredum and I think in the process we converted two climbers to the world of real rock.

My aim was to consolidate my VS leading and if the conditions were right try my first HVS. I was 50% successful with my lead of Wind Up VS 5a. This a was short but pleasant route with a cracking crack to kind of lay back off running from half height. Dispatched it without any change of trouser moments which was nice.

Mr Murray then tackled Ninety-Five E1 5b. This was a pretty stiff route for the grade or atleast we thought so. Very roundy with big moves that kind of felt like what I expect grit climbing to be like expect on grit you have good friction or atleast so I am told. Will have to wait for the summer to confirm that one.

While we were playing the leading game we had set up some top ropes for the boys to play on and they found an absolutely awesome crack to climbing. It was by far the best lay back climbing I have found to date and was well worth having a play on.

All in all it was a excellent day out and definately cleared the head before the final push before the exams. Didnt climbing to much but that seems to be the norm these days and doesnt bother me one bit to be honest. Photos will follow.

No comments: